Tuesday, January 24, 2012

CRACKING TEENAGERS ONLINE CODES

In this article it explores a child's Internet ,outside,and home life. In this article it shows how a woman by the name of Dr.Boyd has done research on how parents ,teachers etc. think that most dangers are on the Internet but its not. 


This article tells of how Dr.Boyd does  research on facebook and twitter and the young subjects of her research usually follow her on social media websites. A quote that caught me by surprise is that she said"we need to give kids the freedom to explore and experience things that might actually helped them". Dr. Boyd  has been through many problems herself. Such as her parents being divorced and hanging out with the wrong crowd of kids at school. 


she used to use the Internet as a way to help her by talking to people just like her or adults that could explain the reason things were happening and how they could help.


The article to me is right so many parents are scared for their children to be on the Internet because of what they think might happen. But the Internet is not as bad as they try to make it. But the stuff your children do on the Internet or say are already usually being done in your home or at school. Parents need to let there children explore the freedom that the living has givens them and stopped trying to ban everything.


For me using the Internet helped me through rough patches in my life because I found people like me to talk to. Because writing and talking to people I know personally wasn't enough .


I hope this article helps the parents see the way somethings should work and how you should trust your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment