Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Most Births Outside Marriage

Two writers by the name of Joan Deparle and Sabrina Tavernise wrote a article by the title of "For Women Under 30 ,Most Births Occur Outside Marriage". This article talks of how that most women under 30 about 41% in 2009,are having children before marriage and most of them are single mothers on there own.most of this is happening in Middle America. 


There use to be a time when men and women would not have sexual relations until they were married. A book named "Coming Apart " by a author named Charles Murray who as we know is a critic of non marital births. H e has come up with statistics that states 73% of black , 53% of Latino, and 29% of white  children are born outside of marriage. I think that this trend of having children before marriage ruins the life of the children you bring into this world. This child is going to go through trauma because she/he will see so many children with two parents and she will start to wonder why she/he has only one parent. when you explain ,it will make them wonder is it my fault my parent left me. These questions will start a snow ball affect of disappointment of their life. 


I think that my parents being married or unmarried really doesn't make much of a difference in any case. I was raised fine and I don't think it could be better or worse. I expect to get get married. I want to have a family, but the right way. I am going to wait to have children until I get married, because no kid is secured to do what is right if things aren't right when life started before them.

No comments:

Post a Comment